Duke Medical School Ranked Eighth in U.S. News & World Report
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke
University School of Medicine is again among the top
medical schools as ranked by U.S. News and World Report.
Duke consistently ranks among the top eight research medical
schools in the country.
The top 20 research medical schools this year are:
1. Harvard University
2. Johns Hopkins University
3. University of Pennsylvania
4. Washington University
5. University of California -- San Francisco
6. University of Washington
7. Stanford University
8. Duke University and Yale University (tied for 8th)
10. Baylor College of Medicine, Columbia University College of
Physicians and Surgeons and University of Michigan -- Ann Arbor
(tied for 10th)
13. University of California -- Los Angeles
14. University of California -- San Diego
15. Cornell University, University of Chicago and University of
Pittsburgh (tied for 15th)
18. Vanderbilt University
19. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center --
20. University of North Carolina -- Chapel Hill
The medical school directory lists the 125 medical schools
fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education,
as well as the 20 schools of osteopathic medicine accredited by
the American Osteopathic Association. The survey was conducted
in the fall of 2006.
More information is available at www.usnews.com.